Introduction to Visualize Applets
What can they help students visualize?
- Mostly statistics concepts so far, but others could be added.
(So, for now, relevant to 1332 or 0385 or, of course 1342 and 0455. Also relevant in any other courses that use regression or expect students to compute or use summary statistics such as standard deviation.)
What can they help students DO?
- Make and explore statistical graphs and compute statistics without paying for a stat software package.
What can they help teachers DO?
- Make graphs to put in worksheets.
- Generate data
- Manipulate data
Why might others want to use them?
- In HTML 5 so no plug-ins are needed. (Only a relatively recent browser that supports HTML 5.)
- Can either link to ours or can download the whole thing and run it yourself so you can edit all the explanations in HTML and can even edit the animations if you know some HTML 5. (See link to "Open source" on any of the applets)
- Open source so you can build on it and use it. License